A diet with plenty of fresh and organic vegetables, beans, and whole grains, and low in sugar, animal fats, alcohol, and caffeine is suggested.. There are many Dietary & Herbal suggestions that people with HIV infection and AIDS can follow to minimize contact with food additives, preservatives, pesticides, bacteria, and parasites. Here are some tips concerning fruits and vegetables:
- Buy fresh instead of frozen and canned vegetables.
- Diet low in sugar, animal fats
- Avoid alcohol and cafeine
- Choose organic whenever possible.
- Thoroughly wash and scrub foods.
- At the minimum, lightly steam all vegetables.
- Include fish oil, whey protein in diet